Navigating Difficult Conversations – 1-Day Workshop
Many managers and employees are uncomfortable with the task of having to deal with difficult workplace conversations. Providing an employee with constructive feedback or engaging in open and candid discussions with others are just a couple of examples of those unavoidable conversations that can create tension, stress, and frustration. Difficult conversations don’t have to be feared, avoided or handled poorly. Healthy workplace conflict can be productive and can ultimately improve workplace results and relationships.
This workshop will explore the destructive and productive conflict behaviors and help learners improve the uncomfortable and unavoidable challenges of workplace conflict. The workshop will provide learners with techniques to curb destructive behaviors and more effectively respond to conflict situations.
All great relationships, the ones that last over time, require productive conflict in order to grow.
- Explore the destructive and productive conflict behaviors of others
- Understand how ‘Communication Styles’ impact difficult conversations
- Discover strategies to manage response from others in conflict situations
- Apply productive strategies and behaviors when engaging in difficult conversations
- Discuss best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation